Windows 11 New Update with redesigned emoji is now available for testers in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. This preview build is from the Nickel (active development branch) and it with a bunch of new emojis. These builds do not include new features as the next version of Windows 11 is still in the early days of development.
The update is called “Windows 11 Insider Preview 22478.1000 (rs_prerelease)” and it is available on supported PCs only. If you want to download and install the update on an unsupported device, you’ll need to run the third-party script that lets you bypass the requirements.
It’s worth noting that Windows 11 Dev Channel requirements also apply to virtual machines. If you’ve VMWare, you can enable encryption, add a TPM module and enable secure boot.
Windows 11 Build 22478.1000 flagship feature is support for new emoji. For the past few months, Microsoft has been working on Fluent emoji for Windows 11, Microsoft 365, Teams, and other products. With today’s update, Microsoft is finally bringing the new emoji design to Windows 11 test builds.
The new Fluent emoji appear in the emoji or clipboard panel of the operating system and emoji has been optimized for humour, feelings, fun and other emotions.
Microsoft has also enabled support for Emoji 13.1 which includes new emoji such as space with spiral eyes and more. As expected, you’ll also find Microsoft’s Clippy emoji in the clipboard panel.
Microsoft is planning to bring these emojis to everyone on Windows 11 via cumulative updates.
Improvements in Windows 11 Build 22478
Windows 11 preview comes with an updated version of the Korean IME. The IME now matches the look and feel of the new operating system, so you can expect rounded corners, Fluent Design and similar improvements when you open the IME next time.
In this build, is now possible to authenticate your login using Windows Hello when the laptop lid is closed and it is connected to an external monitor with a camera setup.
Windows Hello’s multi-camera support is also going to ship with Windows 10 version 21H2, which is set to launch this year.
Windows 11 Build 22478 also comes with these improvements:
- Based on user feedback, Microsoft has made changes to the Windows indexer platform. The new changes should result in better performance and reduced disk space usage. However, these improvements are noticeable only when you have a huge database size (due to large Outlook mailboxes).
- You can now scroll the mouse wheel when hovering over the taskbar volume icon to change the volume level.
- The update includes some small adjustments to the dialog that appears when you add or modify a new language pack in the Settings app.
Similar to other dialog boxes, the Settings app now features a little more modern dialog with rounded corners.
How to install Windows 11 Build 22478
To install Windows 11 Build 22478.1000, use these steps:
- Join the Windows Insider program.
- Get a supported device with at least TPM 1.2 or run bypass script.
- Join the Dev Channel.
- Check for updates.
- The build will begin downloading automatically.
- Restart the device to finish the installation.
Known issues in Windows 11 Build 22478
- Microsoft is aware of minor glitches with the Start menu, Windows Search and taskbar. For example, Windows Search can render blank results, but this can be fixed if you launch and close the Windows run dialog.
- Microsoft is aware of quality issues with Windows Widgets and Microsoft Store.
- Reduced screen and sleep timeouts.
- Tooltips appear in an unexpected location of the taskbar.
In addition to the new preview build, Microsoft has also released a cumulative update for Windows 11 version 21H2
- Tips & Tricks2022.10.29Transfer file seamlessly between any device : Snapdrop.net
- Tech News2022.10.02Airtel 5G launched in India : How to activate
- Tech News2022.09.10Google Nearby Share, Google Meet and Gboard emojiify get new features
- Tech News2022.08.21India 5G Launch from Jio, Airtel, Vi Extremely Close: Know the Details