Samsung has started rolling out the One UI 2.5 update to Samsung’s Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 series phones. It brings several new features from the Galaxy Note 20 series, including Wireless DeX and an enhanced Pro Video mode. It also brings the latest September 2020 security patch.
The One UI 2.5 update is currently rolling out to the international unlocked variants of the Galaxy S10 series and Note 10 series:
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy Note 10
- Galaxy Note 10+
- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
The rollout is in progress, once the update becomes available in your region, you should get a notification to download and install it.
Also Read : What Are Google Play System Updates on Android
As another option, you can also check for the update manually by heading over to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
YOU CAN CHECK THE COMPLETE CHANGELOG HERE:
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.