We are very excited to announce that we are ready to roll out the first open beta build for OxygenOS version 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. Like we did with the Community Beta for the OnePlus 3/3T and OnePlus 5/5T, we’re releasing an early build for an upcoming major Android release to gather feedback before being officially released.
Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system backup before proceeding.
Users who are still on OBT builds for 6/6T will receive the full update package via the OTA.Users on the latest stable build have to download and install it via the link mentioned below. Further, you’ll receive the updates for upcoming open beta builds via the OTA. But please have in mind that, once you install the Open Beta builds on your phone, future stable builds won’t be available via OTA, you’ll have to download and manually install them (the download package will be shared at the end of the OBT cycle).
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Ready to get started on the Android 11 Beta?
Want to go back to Android 10? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6T
NOTE: Please note the rollback package links will be added tomorrow.
Steps for Installation:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Related : Windows 11 Download
Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.