Can you name one company that somehow managed to rule over its entire niche of business? The answer can be many, but the answer we are looking for here is Microsoft Windows. The organization of Microsoft has somehow managed to conquer over the whole operating system niche and has been the rightful heir for many years now.
One of their products is the Windows Server 2012 R2 which is the sixth version of the Windows server operating system. The product was very successful in its approach towards server-side delivery. The product gave Microsoft the push it needed to survive in the industry. There were many aspects that paved the way for the huge hit of the range of the window of server-based operating systems. In this article well look at how we can download windows server 2012 R2, while also looking at some of the key features of the product.
A little history on Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012 R2 was the predecessor of the most famous windows server 2016 models. Before the 2016 models, they ruled all the sever based computers with elegance.2012 R2 was the sixth installment in the windows series and was professionally unveiled on June 3, 2013. The software was later released on October 18, 2013, to the use of the server-based computer systems.
The operating system used cloud-based versions of Microsoft Office and Office 365 as a means of approach towards professionalism. These are just some of the key points that contributed to the dynamic growth of the windows server-based operating systems. Microsoft had a keen idea of implementing the Windows server 2012 R2 with a lot of ideas to speed up the growth of server computing and much more.
Key features of Windows Server 2012 R2
This version of windows had some key features, which made it stand out from the crowd of server-based operating systems. We have tried our best to cover most of the important features in a list below
- Automatic Tiering, enabling automatic storage selection. This feature not only helped in creating the space for the data to be collected at a specified place but also you can move the huge amount of data between the various ranges of storage options that are available in the server.
- Induction of Windows PowerShell, which has an inbuilt DSC feature was one of the most expected features that the people using the windows server-based operating systems were looking forward to. There are a lot of good outcomes that are achieved using the.
- Deduplication for VHD’s, thereby reducing storage space for VHD files.
- UEFI based virtual machines are induced for better use.
- Major upgrades from drive emulators to Synthetic hardware driver was an update that was specifically created for those avid users who wanted to do more with the drivers.
- Improved server message blocking capabilities gave a sense of increased privacy making them more reliable.
- A separate touch for the Internet Information Service, giving you the ability to log any request/response headers.
- Windows Defender has also been made some major revamp to better fight malware and prevent cyber-attacks.
- Hyper v and other protocols are used are added to the essential functions.
- ReFS gained support for alternate data streams and automatic error correction features.
- Storage pinning was also one of the most awaited features. This enabled the user to pin the specific selected files to a specific tier. This prevented the files from stacking themselves down to the smallest and slowest storage space. This means it saved the user from a lot of clutter. This ensured there was better memory management.
- Write Back Cache is something that is almost the best that will help in the smooth performance of the machine. This will continuously record the input and output characteristics of the machine, therefore, putting an end to any unwanted lags caused by the sub storage system.
- Parallel rebuilding is one of the groundbreaking solutions to a server-based operating system. Windows had a great deal of using the parallel rebuilding technology to build up a failed drive connected in a RAID array. We definitely know the amount of time it takes to rebuild a failed disk. With this added feature, windows completely eliminated the process and reduced the time involved.
All these features are the main deal-breakers that set windows server 2012 R2 apart from the rest. They created a huge difference in the server-based computing platform.
How to download windows server 2012 R2
You can download the windows server 2012 R2 from the ISO river official website and do the installation. Just an affair warning, make sure that you have ample space in your drive and also a backup operating system to keep you on the safer grounds in case if anything goes in the wrong direction. The true potential features mentioned will definitely be all good when you experience it true handedly and get the best out of the windows-based server operating system 2012 R2.
- Tips & Tricks2022.10.29Transfer file seamlessly between any device : Snapdrop.net
- Tech News2022.10.02Airtel 5G launched in India : How to activate
- Tech News2022.09.10Google Nearby Share, Google Meet and Gboard emojiify get new features
- Tech News2022.08.21India 5G Launch from Jio, Airtel, Vi Extremely Close: Know the Details